Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Eco-friendly Momma: Cloth Diapers

Two weeks and six days ago, we welcomed a baby girl into our family. She is the joy of my life. Before she was born, I knew I wanted to use cloth diapers. I enjoy being earth friendly and wanted cloth diapers for economical purposes as well. My mom (who also used cloth diapers) was generous enough to purchase the starter kit for G-Diapers. I've only be using them for about a week and a half, but I LOVE THEM! They are easy to use and wash. They fit baby girl wonderfully and I would recommend them to my friends.

The newborn outer shells are specially made to avoid the belly button area. There is a flushable/disposable component that you use for a newborn. When our baby girl gets a little bigger, she will actually use the cloth portion inside the diaper shell. However, to help the cloth portion not get so dirty, there is a thin liner that can be placed on top of the cloth and flushed/disposed when time to change. Did I mention that they come in some CUTE patterns, too?? I can't wait to put these little cuties on my cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment